Recreation and Parks Advisory Committee
The Recreation Committee Reminds Everyone Who Uses Our Parks:
- Use caution and watch your speed entering and exiting the parks. Speed limit is 5 MPH. Be alert for children and walkers.
- Remember that our parks are "carry in, carry out".
- Remember cigarette butts are litter too. (A few smoker receptacle/outdoor ashtrays are available in some areas.)
- Porta johns are not trash disposals. (Wantage Township has a very bad reputation with garbage in the porta johns, as told to us by two companies.)
- Teams: please announce these rules to the visiting teams before the start of the game.
- Coaches need to make a final sweep of the area after games.
- Dog walkers: clean up after your dogs. Waste bags are available at two stations in Woodbourne; front parking lot near the path entrance and back parking lot near the path entrance. Return the used waste bags to the station's waste recepticle.
Every year we received complaints from citizens. Please pass on this information to every coach and parent and keep our parks clean. Thank you!
The Wantage Recreation and Parks Advisory Committee meets the fourth Wednesday of the month (except December) at the Municipal Building at 7 p.m. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. A notice will be posted if a meeting is canceled. Agendas and approved minutes are posted on the website.
Minutes and agendas are posted on the meetings page. Click here to go to the meetings page.
phone: 973-875-7192 (option #5)
2023 Committee Members
Committee members are appointed by the mayor at the Township reorganization meeting. Vacancies are filled throughout the year. Residents who are interested in serving on this committee may fill out and submit a volunteer application.
|Warren Wisse||regular member 3-year term||Term expires 12/31/23|
|Gary Margiotta||regular member 2-year term||Term expires 12/31/25|
|Darryl Wuhrl||regular member 3-year term||Term expires 12/31/23||Susan Weiss||regular member 2-year term||Term expires 12/31/25|
|Heather Hill||regular member||Term expires 12/31/24|
|Ben Cerrutti||alternate member||Term expires 12/31/24|
|vacant||alternate||Term expires 12/31/23|
Please note that dates are tentative.
Wantage Township Easter Egg Hunt
April 1 at 10:00 a.m. Woodbourne Park Pavilion (bad weather date: April 8)
Spring Plant Exchange
May 20 from 9 to 11 a.m.
Wantage Township Pageants (Little Miss, Little Mr. and Miss)
Wantage Township Fishing Contest
Fall Plant Exchange
September 16 from 9 to 11 a.m.
Woodbourne Park Family Run/Walk
December 1 at 7 p.m.
Notices will be posted on the Notices and Announcements page.
For information about our parks, please refer to the Parks page.
If you are interested in performing public service in our community by serving on this committee, please download the Citizen Leadership Form and submit it to the Township Administrator.