Welcome to Wantage
The Mayor and Committee meeting scheduled for December 11 has been rescheduled to December 4. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. public notice
Beware of telephone scams
A Wantage resident reports that he recently received a telephone call from someone who claimed to be from "Windows Support", and informed that there was a problem on his computer. The caller then attempted to have the resident give remote access for his computer to the caller so the problem could be "fixed". THIS IS A SCAM. NEVER GIVE REMOTE ACCESS CONTROL TO YOUR COMPUTER OUT TO AN UNKNOWN PARTY! Several other Scams are also being attempted in the area, which were reported recently in the NJ Herald. Please heed Police Warnings: Never give personal identifying information such as Social Security numbers, credit card data or banking information to any person which cannot be identified with absolute certainty. If you are contacted by someone identifying themselves as a police officer, federal agent, IRS representative or any other governmental entity over the telephone, or as a Computer Support Individual who you did not contact, extreme caution should be used and no information should be given to that person over the telephone. Thank you.
Wantage Township Mayor and Committee
On-Going Points of Interest
We at Wantage Town Hall often are asked the following questions, being on-going points of information the general public is interested in knowing:
- Is my property in a flood zone?
- Where is my polling place for voting on election day?
- Are there wetlands on my property?
- How can I keep track of County road and bridge closures?
- Where are Dedicated Open Space properties in my town?
- Where are Farmland Preserved Properties located in my town?
This and other information is available through the County of Sussex, by using the following link: http://sussex.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html We always welcome your phone calls, but in some cases, the local government is not in a position to have the data or information you are seeking. In those situations, we would direct you to search the above resource. Try out the above link, and keep it handy for the future in case you have questions on these topics. We hope this is helpful to you!
Continued best regards,
Wantage Township Mayor & Committee
Township Publishes Fall Newsletter
Click here to download PDF
Notice: Construction Department Services Have Changed
Wantage Township has entered into an agreement with Hardyston Township; Hardyston Township will manage the Construction Department from the Hardyston Municipal Building. There will be limited office hours at the Wantage Municipal Building. See full notice.
ON OCTOBER 30 AND OCTOBER 31, A CURFEW IS IN EFFECT IN WANTAGE
It is unlawful for any person under the age of 18 years to be or remain on any public place in the Township of Wantage on Octo-ber 30th and October 31st between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. of the following date, unless accompanied by his or her parent or guardian. No parent or guardian shall knowingly permit any juvenile to violate the curfew. The following exceptions apply:
- A. Traveling directly to or returning from a hospital, doctors office, emergency care facility or pharma-cy, the curfew does not apply.
- B. Traveling directly to or returning from his or her place of employment, the curfew does not apply.
- C. Engaged in the performance of an errand at the direction of a parent or guardian of such juvenile the curfew does not apply.
- D. Going to, engaging in or returning from school activities, an activity sponsored by the Township or by religious or community-based organizations or similar activities provided the juvenile has the permission of his or her parent or guardian, the curfew does not apply.
Free Rabies Clinic for
Dogs and Cats
November 14, 6–8 p.m.
Wantage Townhip Garage. Please bring proof of prior rabies shot. Dogs must be on a leash, cats in a carrier. All animals must be accompanied by an adult.
ATTENTION: Check your dogs rabies certificates. If your dog's rabies shot expires before November 1st, your dog needs a NEW shot.
Winter Parking Regulations
From November 15 through April 15, parking is prohibited on the public streets of Wantage between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Do not park a vehicle on any Township Street or part thereof when there is snow or ice on the surface of the road.